Saturday, July 14, 2012

Gummy Bears

Didn't realize it's been so long since I've posted! Spending most of my days nodding off in the middle of sentences or taking naps... time just flies by :-) And my old puppies are still here, thanks for all your tips & concern! Maybe he knew what I was considering so he found a little bit of gusto to prove there's life in him yet! My poochie poos are the best, my heros.

I'll be 10 weeks on Tuesday (here, here) & finally made an appointment with an OB. Made the mistake, though, of scheduling it the week before I'm released from my RE so I'm going to have to reschedule for the first week in August. Still continuing with the PIO shots.

But I do go back to the RE on Monday for my weekly ultrasound. They're looking like gummy bears & their heartbeats continue to be strong. It's amazing how hard they're working to grow & I pray each day that they continue to do so. I'm still in the first trimester & am just asking them to keep up the great work!

The house looks a train wreck so I thought I'd take some time vacuuming, picking up dog hair, throwing out trash... now I'm experiencing spasms in my lower right abdomen, painless signs that I gotta slow down. My waistline is thickening, belly's a bit more noticeable & my *ss is HUGE. In other words, I'm a biggun. The acne has slowed down but I think that's more to do with the acne face wash & astringent.

Food has the nastiest aftertaste. I can't find anything that tastes good. Sandwiches are gross, iced tea tastes like swill. Everything tastes to the left. I had the worst metallic taste in my mouth a few days ago, didn't even want to eat for the rest of the day. My acupuncturist reassured me that hydration is more important in the first trimester so even if I can't find consistency in my appetite (I go from no appetite at all to total starvation) I should just work on staying hydrated.

I am not complaining! Gotta chronicle these changes that I had no idea pregnant women experience. But still no morning sickness, just occasional queasiness & food aversions (I miss my almonds! Wanna puke just looking at the word!). My tailbone was giving me hell to last week & finally my back feels normal.

I have a friend who confided in me that she wants to pursue being an SMBC, best news all week! I gave her my RE's & my acupuncturist's names, shared my supplement tips, & just told her that I'll support her any way I can. She's a few years younger than me & feels ready to give this a try. I'm so happy she's starting now; a few years ago when I was her age I was still holding out for a significant other & his sperm. See how that turned out!

Think I'll keep sitting here in this soft, comfortable chair & finish Die Hard with a Vengeance. I didn't realize how much I miss real chase scenes with not a seat belt in sight & bona fide explosions of subways & entire city blocks... have a great weekend, friends!

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you, Gigi...and very happy that everything is going well. I actually like reading about symptoms from pregnant bloggers so keep us appraised. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gummy bears. Too funny.

    What is it with the Diehard movies? They're a favourite with everyone in my family. I can't decide which is the best. They're all good. My dad and I actually watched one instead of a hockey game this spring, and it was a playoff game. I think this might be a crime in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are doing well. I've been thinking about you but figured you are probably even more tired than I am because of the twins. I have eight days until my next ultrasound and hope it looks like something besides a tiny blob in a blob. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear everything is going well. Wow, 10 weeks! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete