Sunday, June 22, 2014

T.I.R.E.D... but Feeling Fantastic

Twin toddler boys ain't no joke!! They keep me running with their constant climbing on couches & chairs, going from manic LOLs & wails of epic proportions, finicky eating (one boy) & nonstop scarfing (other boy), & having shoes dropped in my lap because they want to go outside -- I move from minute to minute with the hopes of hanging on until the next hour... I'm completely exhausted, so overwhelmed with housework to the point that since I don't know where to start I don't do anything... and I am absolutely in love with these baby maniacs. It just takes an out-of-the-blue laugh, a baby-voiced "noooooooooo" to just about everything, that reminds me of the goodness of God to have blessed me with these two beautiful creatures.

And since we had a winter that I could swear was a second Ice Age I'm making a conscious effort to get outside to play every day. Don't care if it's to the park or the backyard, no less than 30 minutes of constant play. Housework may suffer & other efforts fall behind, but these kids need to know the sun.

So with that: I put them to bed 10 minutes early because I needed to. I gotta get back to journaling because it'll help me stay present (crossed fingers) -- my darlings are 17 months already & I'm here to tell you, I can't believe how time has flown. So in an effort to not let these days pass in a blur I need to make time to write.  I'm beat, but I feel fantastic. Off to bed. At 9:00 CST. What a life!! (yes, it is)



2 comments:

  1. Your boys are adorable! And my hats off to you handling two toddlers single handed - I am run off my feet with my one Beanie! Hope to see more posts from you. Cannot believe how fast time flies with these little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's a Like button when you need one?!?! Hey Sunflower!! Thanks so much & I'm looking forward to catching up on your Beanie adventures -- the three of ours together are practically triplets :) :)

    ReplyDelete