Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Onto the Ganirelix

Things are progressing! I was initially concerned that the follicular development wouldn't be where they ought to be at the 8 day mark. I was just glad to hear what seemed like good news. I wish I could report what was seen on the ultrasound but as quickly as he mentioned the number on the right and left was how quickly it flew out my brain. But my doctor was pleased with the progress and I was able to start Ganirelix yesterday. Weird little pre-filled syringe and that needle's a mess -- it's slightly thicker and a bit duller. Damn near had to stab myself to get the needle in; did I mention how proud I am to be able to do these shots myself?

I was going to write an update yesterday but I still haven't been able to shake the constant fatigue. And whereas in the last week I've been eating like a baby bear, today I had zero appetite.

Even writing this I feel my eyes closing shut... so I'm going to oblige them. Good night, sweet dreams.

START SIDENOTE
And to Khaddafy, you smarmy, wicked bastard: Kick rocks.
And take that murderous f*cker in Syria with you.
END SIDENOTE

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog for ICLW. Good luck with you SMC journey. I look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you are so tired from meds. I hope this cycle is it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo it is almost go time!!!

    I found the last few days of meds just dragged on!!

    Grow little follicles grow!!!

    Happy ICLW
    #75

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck! Is this the one that comes in the strange glass syringe? I thought that was crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, everyone!! I wish you the best wherever you are in the TTC/pregnancy/parenting process!

    And mamascales, you're right -- Ganirelix comes in its own prefilled syringe. It was crazy, especially since it felt like I was injecting myself with a dull butter knife!

    ReplyDelete